Menu Help Needed !

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Chris Johnson

Menu Help Needed !

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi , If any one can help me it would be most appreciated - I am obviosly doing something very wrong when 'creating' a DVD. Could some one please help , (or point me in the direction of a tutorial - are there no tutorials in the tutorials section?) I would like my DVD to open onto a page with one of my images as the background and with a caption that once clicked will start the show.I am totally new to this and keep going around in circles with no success.
Thanking anyone in anticipation,
Regards
Chris

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Chris

Is this the sort of tutorial you are looking for?
http://www.photodex.com/training/librar ... ngpsg.html

Brian

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks Brian ,
I have watched this tutorial before , I've just watched it again and reburnt a DVD , the front menu is absolutely fine on my PC when the disc goes into auto run , but when I put it in to the DVD player the 'flashing' yellow outline keeps appearing considerably below my 'Play' caption(but is static).Therefore I end up with two lots of the wording 'Play' , one in the font that I have set and a seperate one with the yellow outline? As I have done this so many times now I am begining to wonder if it's related to the DVD player ? any thoughts ?
Thanks
Chris

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:35 am

Chris

I have never had this type of problem. I am running Producer but there should be no difference with Gold. It there makes giving an answer kind of difficult.

I hope someone has had something similar and can help on this.

Brian

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks Again Brian ,
I am totally baffled now , I have tried the same DVD on a friends player , on mine the yellow outline was below my text , on my friends it was to the left , I think it therefore rules out the DVD players.
I have seen where some people have had problems burning discs using proshow and have then used other software , being totally new to this I am not sure how I would do this ?
I have also read somewhere about clearing out some files that Proshow saves , may this help , if you think so could you point me in the direction of them ?
If you haven't got time to have these discussions let me know and I'll go away peacefully !!
Thanks
Chris

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:48 am

Hi Chris,

You can ask away as much as you like and I will try and answer.

I have seen where some people have had problems burning discs using proshow and have then used other software , being totally new to this I am not sure how I would do this ?

The link below may help. I assume you are talking about creating an ISO file and then burning that to DVD with a program like 'Imgburn', or if you have it Nero.

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... highlight=

I have also read somewhere about clearing out some files that Proshow saves

Yes, it is surprising how often deleting the def.phd and cpic.opt files from the location that Gold was installed in. Exit the program first and then navigating to 'My Programs>Photodex>Gold' directory should find them. They will be recreated next time Gold is started.

The other is deleting the 'show.pxc' file from where ever you are saving your shows and then rerendering. DO NOT delete the show.psh file, or you will be starting again with the show.

If none of these help, then I am getting stuck, but keep asking. Some one somewhere may know the answer.

Brian

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:45 am

Chris,

Like Brian, I've never seen or heard of your menu problem. But since you say it plays okay on your PC I think it's probably something you're missing in the custom menu settings. Since you are in the UK could you possibly be forgetting to change the video standard to PAL? I don't know if this would make a difference or not, just a thought. Also what font are you using in the menu? If it's something unusual maybe the DVD player doesn't recognize it.

I would also suggest doing a test show without a custom menu. Choose 'one list' for your layout. Try this test show in your DVD player and see if you get the same behavior as your custom menu. And if you could post all your steps in creating your custom menu maybe we could figure out the problem.

Barbara

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks Brian & Barbara ,
I'm away for a few days now so will try these suggestions when I get back , I'll delete all of the old files and see where that leads.
I have set my options to PAL , but never thought that my DVD may not recognise the font , I've been using 'monotype corsiva' - don't ask me why I just liked it. I will change that at the appropriate time as part of the process of elimination.
Thank you for your help it is really apprecaited , my wife thinks I've become attached to the computer I've spent so long trying to resolve this !
Speak to you soon.
Regards
Chris

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi Chris, I made a sample show for someone, I wanted to make sure it played on their DVD player before I made a whole show. I had the same effect on my menu. I had a caption that I assumed would be the only one, but when I put it in their DVD player, I had two! One with bright yellow outline! I just figured I screwed up somewhere. After reading your post, it just reminded me to check into that. I just put it in 2 of my DVD players and it isn't there any more. Go figure...???

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks