"Shake" effect?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

"Shake" effect?

Postby 95delta98 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 pm

This is a kind of 101 question, but I've not been successful implementing it.

During a harmonica trill in a song, I'd like the slide to appear to "shake" with the music.

Logically enough, I made a bunch of copies of the slide, changed the transitions to cut/0, and had it so the odd slides in the sequence are the original photo, and the even slides involve a slight image shift using a small pan/zoom/rotate offset. So I've got alternating slide with an image shift. I then set each slide to display for times varying from .05 to .2 seconds in hopes of getting that "shake" effect.

No dice though. I have a pretty good nVidia card, but the shake just doesn't work.

Wondering what I've missed.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:19 pm

What is it doing? No shake? To slow/Fast? Don't do an actual move. Just leave the original photo alone and place every other photo in a different position depending on how much shake effect you want. Do this without movement, in other words let the starting position be the ending position. I think .05 is good slide length.

Here is a quicky Demo, it is not a tutorial. http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5185&alb=0

Ben
Last edited by hardsoftware on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Worked for me.

Make sure you've got the shifted versions of the slide having their start and end positions the same with an offset from the original.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby 95delta98 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:56 pm

I have zero idea why I had this problem when I posted.

Did it again today, from scratch, same simple thing that I (thought I) did yesterday and it worked. Well, slight difference is that I had motion in the slides. Odd slides would pan/zoom from A to B; even slides would pan zoom from B to A. About .1 second per slide, cut/0 for transition.

Yesterday I'd tried no motion in slides, just cutting from A to B and back to A.

Thanks for help on something I should have been ashamed to even ask about.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:43 pm

95delta98 wrote:... Thanks for help on something I should have been ashamed to even ask about.

Wrong! :wink: Never feel bad about asking about stuff -- at the time you asked it, you had something that didn't work as expected. I can't count the number of times I've asked something that turned out to be obvious--after I'd seen it but not until. And if one person has a question there's a good chance there are others with the same question but not brave enough to even post it. So, keep asking! (Heck, occasionally I even beat Mikey to the answer--yeah, not often but he has to sleep at some point.... doesn't he?) :P

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:29 pm

DickK wrote:
95delta98 wrote:... Thanks for help on something I should have been ashamed to even ask about.
And if one person has a question there's a good chance there are others with the same question but not brave enough to even post it. So, keep asking!
Dick

Dick is right on with this. All questions are valid to anyone of us at any given point in time ...Not to mention that there is a fine line between my age and "Duh".
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Ben

Postby debngar » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:34 am

I loved your short sample you posted.

I let it load and played it over 3 times but each time it stops in the middle of the shake and starts to buffer. I wonder what's up with that?

But it is a neat effect though.

Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:42 am

Hummm, I don't know Debbie, I just tried it and it played ok. Try playing it in the default Presenter screen. When I was making it I had problems previewing it full screen within proshow. I have no Idea why because once I uploaded it it played fine both full screen and default presenter screen.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

Buffer

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Ben,
I got the same results as Debbie as far as the stopping and buffering, but just thought it was on my end since I had a lot of things open at the time. This time I tried it with only the site open but same results. ???
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:55 pm

I created the show in ver 3.1 2018. Which version(s) are you guys using? I am not having any problems viewing the uploaded show.

Anybody else notice the new look to the Photodex site?? I wonder if they've updated presenter???

EDIT: I just tried to watch my contest winner and it did what you all are describing. It stopped playing mid way and then told me it was "waiting for more data"

Ben

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks