CONTROL key not working...

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
BethS

Postby BethS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Barbara,

I am not sure I caught most of the instructions as I was too busy looking at that cute face! :D

Postby Barbara_K » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 pm

BethS wrote:Barbara,

I am not sure I caught most of the instructions as I was too busy looking at that cute face! :D

He is cute isn't he! That's my grandson and he sure is a lot of fun.

Barbara

One folder

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 pm

That is a new one. II'm glad you found your way through the problem ... but like Barbara, I don't think I have ever done a show from a single folder. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of Photodex?
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Jessie123

Postby Jessie123 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:33 am

Well, somebody told me the problem was because I had dragged my music - not copy & pasted...I guess that made the difference. It don't know all that much about computers and there programs, so I didn't know that would matter.

jayada

Re: CONTROL key not working...

Postby jayada » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:24 pm

I've been browsing through some tips and trouble here and came across this. I have experienced this problem with PSP. It happens if you have more than two sound/music clips on top of each other. If there is one clip within another, like the sounds of children laughing within a song let's say, you can see that second clip overlapping the first clip and hovering over it and clicking control get your yellow handles to change fades but if it's totally within the first clip you cannot move it with the timeline controls. If you move that then you'll also move the clip surrounding it. But if you take a third clip, say a dog barking, and lay that over the children laughing which is over the music, then you cannot even highlight the smallest clip in the timeline to make changes. You can certainly see the labels and hear the clip but mousing will not highlight it or provide a way to move or edit the fades. Moving the embedded clip will also move the clips surrounding it, however you can move the larger clip by grabbing it outside the embedded one without the smaller moving. To move or change fades you need to enter the show soundtrack and use the time offset in order to move it. You could also move the larger ones out of the way to the right first and then edit, and then move the other clip/s back.

Not too often you'll have multiple clips over one another (right?), but ya never know.

Jay
Last edited by jayada on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks