Reusing a Proshow layered slide

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Ann Coulter

Reusing a Proshow layered slide

Postby Ann Coulter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Just a quick question? I have created layered slides in some of my shows, and would like to use the images as still pics in a document. Is it possible to save slides in Proshow as some sort png/bit/jpeg in another program? If so can anyone explain how. Thanks in Advance, Ann

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Ann -- other than a screen capture, no you couldn't do that directly. The image you see on the screen doesn't exist except as ProShow creates it so you'd have to capture that to get what you're seeing.

On the other hand, you could recreate the image that you see in any reasonably capable editor and save the composite as a single image. Not sure that's what you're looking for but it gets the right result.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Ann Coulter

Thanks

Postby Ann Coulter » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:26 am

Dick thanx for the info, will try your suggestions. Ann

BethS

Postby BethS » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:40 am

Stupid question time..... how do you do a screen capture?

Postby trulytango » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:03 am

Hi Beth

I'm using Producer (not sure if this is available in Gold) but when I am previewing a show fullscreen, if I right-click then one of the options I have is to 'Capture frame(s)'... I can then save a frame or frames as a single or series of jpegs.

Another quick way of capturing the screen is to simply press the 'Print Screen' key on the keyboard - mine is located on the top row above the number keypad. This captures the current screen to the computer clipboard. Now open an image editor or even plain old Microsoft 'Paint', create a new document and then choose 'Paste' from the Edit menu. Save the file as a jpeg or a bitmap to use in other programs.

Hope this helps?

Iris
UK

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:43 am

There are screen capture programs out there both pay-for-it and freebies tho' I can't point you to anything specific that I'd recommend. But the old print-screen will work, too.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks