Wedding Reception Show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Postby Jaydub » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:38 pm

My daughter is getting married next month and this is a show I put together. I have tp give credit to Eagle Ray he posted a template that i studied and learned a great deal from. I hope this helps you with you presentation.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/memberbrowsego.html

Member name Jaydub1

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Jaydub,
Thanks for posting your wonderful tribute to your daughter. Many ideas in your show "click" and give me a some ideas to look into. I still have a few months to massage the show together, but seeing yours is very helpful.
Thanks again,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Wedding Show

Postby johny40165 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 am

Here is one I just did of the wedding..........I am new at this as well, so I love to watch others and get ideas from them all. The people here are so talented, I am thankful just to be able to view their creations. Comments on this would be appreciated.........both pro and con.
Thanks
johny40165
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=134143

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 pm

johny40165,
There are some really nice elements to your show.Overall, I liked it and thought you had some really nice photos in it as well. The pace was very good and in keeping with this type of presentation.

Any critical comments that I have are personal preferences and others may see it differently. I think the disolve transitions were too harsh for the show and I would have much prefered ab fades. The disolves added a "grainy" feel to an otherwise smooth show.
The music was very appropos as well, however, I think the two tracks should be transposed and have the second song first. At points, the lyrics of the first don't match well with the slides. example: Lyrics are a woman singing about giving her hand, but the slide shows the groom shaking hands with (his father?).

The video clip intros are a bit too long for my taste and I don't think the curtain episode is appropriate for a wedding show.

Please don't take these comments to mean that I did not like the show ... I did. Just wanted to give you my personal slant on it. It is afterall, your show and how each of us choose to present the shows is very personal.

Thank you very much for posting,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

For Wes

Postby SandyB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:17 am

I'm doing a Rehearsal Dinner slideshow for a friend getting married in March.
Wanted to let you know that I'm using Jack Johnson's Better Together -
first heard (by me) when I viewed the slideshow you did for your son.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandy
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Postby bigsewed » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Thanks Sandy...
It is a great song for the occasion...
Following the show, I used the "Better Together" theme as the toast to the Bride and the Groom...
I was my sons best man...
Hope your "better together" works well for you and your friend too...
Wes

Postby lanita33 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:06 am

Thanks to everyone for this inspirational topic, as I'm working on a show for my niece's wedding. I've done many shows but never one that was going to shown to a "captive" audience so to speak.

I tried to check out every show but one or two had been removed. I was wondering why people remove their shows?

Lana

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Jaydub wrote:My daughter is getting married next month and this is a show I put together. I have tp give credit to Eagle Ray he posted a template that i studied and learned a great deal from. I hope this helps you with you presentation.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/memberbrowsego.html

Member name Jaydub1

Hiya Jaydub,

"Eagle Ray" is a her...not a him. lol I'm so glad you learned from my template. Studying templates is how I learned.

Michelle
Mrs. Eagle Ray :-)

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks