Wedding Reception Show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Wedding Reception Show

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm

ProShow Enthusiasts,
One of my daughters and her long time boyfriend are to be married next summer and I am preparing pics and music to have a PSG slideshow of the two of them for the wedding reception. Obviously this will not include wedding shots but rather a story of their lives leading to one another and to their marriage.

I looked for links to shows of this nature, but have not found them yet. If you have shows, or have links to shows that have this type of subject, I would like to see how others have approached these shows.

Additionally, if you have tips, cautions or pitfalls to be avoided in this type of presentation, sharing of those is also greatly appreciated.

Advance Thanks,
Jer
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby bigsewed » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:55 am

Here is a show I did a little over a year ago...
Hope it helps...
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3608&alb=0

BethS

Postby BethS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 am

Jerry,

I am of the strong opinion that when you do something from the heart it just shows no matter what. I am sure there are "professionals" out there who have their own way to present weddings for people they do not know. But if you are making a really personal show using pictures of your daughter and future son-in-law that mean something and music that is special to them, then your heart will lead the way. Just get started by adding the music first and let the pictures just place themselves. And try not to use too many transitions. Although I love the effects you can get I am beginning to realize that using the fade transition is sometimes the softest way to move from slide to slide. Some pictures and ideas do require more of an "oomph" but not all.

I hope this was not too corny of a reply but just the fact that you WANT to do this means it will be fabulous!

Have fun!

Beth

Fun Project

Postby SandyB » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am

Jerry,
I've done two of these shows. The link is for my Main menu http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?alb=0
The shows are:
Karin and Michael - for my niece (13 min)
Save the Date - for a friend's son (10 min)

Things that worked for me:
Max 100 photos - 50 from each
Songs - they pick them. I figured out how to use them.
Themes emerge on grouping the pictures - growing up, travel, college, sports, etc. You'll see segments with one kid or the other and also some combined.
The scrapbooking backgrounds on Karin's show may be a little much, but I liked them at the time.

I'm working on another show of this kind for a friend's wedding in March. The best part is being at the rehearsal dinner, when the people in the show are in the room exclaiming about the awesome pictures. It's a real thrill!

This is a start. I have tons of ideas and glad to help in any way I can. Just let me know.
It's a great project! Have fun!
Sunshine, Sandy

For bigsewed

Postby SandyB » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:32 am

Watched your show - nothing like those growing-up kid pictures. Very cute.
Liked the show opening with the parents and the couple look like "It's always better when we're together."
My niece and your show couple (I assume your son) got married on the same day - July 15, 2006!
Smiles, Sandy

Postby bigsewed » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Sandy thanks...
My son for sure...
The link that you provided goes to my album...
Wes

Revised link

Postby SandyB » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Hopefully to my shows . . .
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?alb=0
Sandy

PS to Wes - You posted the birth dates of your son and daughter-in-law in your show. Karin and Michael were born on the same day and their parents were friends from before they were born. Too amazing!

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Wes (Bigsewed),
Thanks for answering my post and for your link to the show on Blair and Becky. You did something that I was thinking about... namely, showing parallel times in their lives, rather than 2 semi-separate shows (one on her/one on him).
Thanks.

BethS
Thank you for your encouragement. I also have found that most times the music will drive the show. As for your comment about "too corny" ....not at all...(well, maybe just a little)!

Sandy,
Thanks for your kind offer.... you may check your mail one day and see a great big HELP message! BTW still have not got a link to your shows .... so far you have posted links to my shows instead of yours.
San Diego Guy

Link Confusion

Postby SandyB » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:07 am

Here are the links.

Karin and Michael http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1830&alb=0

Save the Date for Chrissy and Jeremy http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5714&alb=0

Enjoy the shows!

Smiles, Sandy

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:23 am

Hi Jerry
I'm doing a wedding show now for some dear friends. They are from small fishing towns in NL .They met in Toronto. He was driving bus and she was an office worker and travelled his route to work. They chatted online and became best friends and lovers.They requested a show using pics taken pre-engagement and wedding, the wedding ceremony, after church pics around the water where they had lived as kids and the reception. They left the music to my imagination.

I've just about got it finished with a lot of tweaking to do. It's a bit long (18 Min) but the songs I chose are in the style/genre they enjoy and they fit the pics they provided me.

Any comments or suggestions from the group to change/improve it are most welcome.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4285&alb=0

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Sandy & Gerry,
Thanks for posting your shows ... don't be too surprised if some of your creativity finds its way into the "pre-wedding" show that I am preparing for. Of course it will be next summer before I will complete that show. I will be gathering photos and other content for quite a while.

You both have helped me start "fermenting ideas". Thank you very much. Both of you have shown a lot of caring for the people in the shows. They will love your efforts!

Jerry
San Diego Guy

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Beth, Best advice yet

Postby alcain » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

I am of the strong opinion that when you do something from the heart it just shows no matter what. I am sure there are "professionals" out there who have their own way to present weddings for people they do not know. But if you are making a really personal show using pictures of your daughter and future son-in-law that mean something and music that is special to them, then your heart will lead the way. Just get started by adding the music first and let the pictures just place themselves. And try not to use too many transitions. Although I love the effects you can get I am beginning to realize that using the fade transition is sometimes the softest way to move from slide to slide. Some pictures and ideas do require more of an "oomph" but not all.

I hope this was not too corny of a reply but just the fact that you WANT to do this means it will be fabulous!

Beth, I do make "Professional" shows. But the advice you just gave is priceless. Every word you said is so true. The heart will lead you in the best direction...

Thanks Beth! ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

BethS

Postby BethS » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks Al. I love to watch all of the shows to see what can be done. There is so much out there to learn. As a professional I think it is wonderful that you share what you know to help make us all better. I love doing this so much. I just finished a show for a friend of mine to show at her back to school night. She loved it. I hope it played well. I put my logo at the end of it. Maybe I will get a call :wink:

Oh, thanks for your very kind words about my advice and comments.

Beth

Postby debngar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

if you have tips, cautions or pitfalls to be avoided in this type of presentation, sharing of those is also greatly appreciated.

Take the time to fix red-eye if there is any in the images and if you are able to do that. You will be glad you did. Nothing spoils a nice show like red demon eyes on a handsome boy or beautiful girl. :shock: I know that can be a lot of work, especially since you will likely be scanning a number of images. But it's worth it and makes a big difference in the finished show. Even old images that are not crisp and clean will look a little better with some fixing of red-eye. Also if you are scanning and have some faded images, it's painless to click the check box to restore the color of faded photos if your scanner software has that feature. Just keep an eye on which ones need it and un-check the option for those that don't need the color restored.

Debbie

Postby HunnyB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am

Oh I so agree with Beth and with Debbie. Hate those red eyes. And if I am going to spend
countless hours working on a show, I want the images to look their best.
I spend a lot of time in PS!
When dealing with a "client" - I have a form that I have them fill out.
I like to know 3 or 4 of their favorite songs, their favorite colors,
hobbies, etc. It makes the show THEIR show. It may not be one of my favorite songs, but
it's theirs. So far, I don't have any dissatisfied customers.

I like to share what one lady wrote me after viewing a show I did for her husband's 50th birthday party.....
"I have no words to express what that DVD you created did to us - it could not have
been more perfect. You have such a God given talent and it touched us all. There was
not a dry eye in the entire place!"

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT MY PROSHOW ENTHUSIASTS FRIENDS.

HunnyB :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Next

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks