Backgrounds

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

Backgrounds

Postby burntb4 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 am

Hi all. Still reading and learning. :D .
I've searched the PSG Tips but cannot find the answer to this question. I'm trying to get a CONSISTENT background color for a group of slides and doing them individually does not give me that result. Is there a way to select one color and have it appear in a set # of slides ?

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 am

burntb4,
Yes ...just click on options ... go to Show Options/background. You can set all the default applications there. If you have slides that you want to be different from the default you can override the default in individual slides.

I don't think you can set specified slides (by slide number) to have a certain background....you must choose the default and individually change those that differ from that.

Hope this helps,
Jer
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks Jerry

Gerry

:)

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm

You can change the background color for just certain slides by selecting them in the timeline (hold down the CTRL key while clicking the slides you want) and then open Slide Options>Background, choose the background color you want and right click on the option to override default and choose apply to selected slides. You will have to right click on the color you chose also and select apply to selected slides.

Barbara

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm

Gerry,
BTW, you can use the eye dropper to change the color to any color in any of the slides as well. You may have already discovered this, but thought I would mention it.
Jer
San Diego Guy

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:18 am

Thanks for the tips. Worked great. :D

Transistional Backgrounds

Postby Curtiscop » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:40 am

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would share a little trick I have to make my own transistional backgrounds, that give the effect of blending and changing from slide to slide.

I open up Windows Media Player and play a song off my computer. While it's playing it has a 'graphic display' that changes with the music. While it goes from transistion to transistion I 'pause' the music. Then I use my paint program (Paint Shop Pro) and capture that screen. After I crop out everything I don't want I name the '.jpg' file it creates in consecutive order.

Once I add these in to my show, as it plays, the background will change in transistion from one design to the next. It's not the type of background you would want on every show you do, but for certain shows it works great for me.

~~ CuRtiS ~~

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Curtis,
Thanks for the tip ... I'm sure someone sometime will use it.
Jerry
San Diego Guy

BethS

Postby BethS » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:30 pm

curtis,

do you have a sample of what you are talking about?

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks