Help Please!!!

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Ann Coulter

Help Please!!!

Postby Ann Coulter » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:20 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, or if it is even possible, but I'll ask anyway. I am creating a DVD photoshow for my neice. That I can do. She did a benefit skydive, that was taped and plays on the web. I can access it through my email, and it plays using adobe flash player. I want to add the video to her dvd, but can't figure out how?? I even thought of video taping my screen, (as a last resort) anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance, Ann

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:37 pm

Depending on where it is etc, there are two parts to this -- the
first is to manage to grab a copy of the flash file (I assume it
is flash from your comment). Once you have it, the second part
is to convert from flash to a format that Proshow understands.
There are a number of converters -- if you search the forum
here, you will find a number of discussions on converting flash
files to a format that you can use. The first part, though is to
figure out how to get the file. It depends where it is and what
it is hosted on how you do that. You will have to do some
snooping with Google etc to find out how to grab a copy of
it. Work that part of the problem first and we can go from there.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:21 pm

I use a neat little "free" utility for my Firefox Internet browser called Download Helper.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Download Helper rests on my Firefox task bar and when it finds a video that it can download it signals me telling me it knows exactly where to go to get the file.

Download Helper works great by taking all the work out of trying to find the Internet address where the video file is located.

All I have to do at this point is tell it to save the file for me by clicking "save" :D

Dan

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:06 am

Ann
You will get far better quality if you can find who taped it and can get a copy of the original from them :D
Brian

Ann Coulter

How to cpature video??

Postby Ann Coulter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:28 pm

I can not figure out how to capture the video from this site. Perhaps I don't have the technical ability or mental apptitude, but I don't know how. The site is www.realxstreamvideo.com I tried Firefox, which I do not use, but it would not let me download, after I downloaded downloadhelper.com. Thanx so much for all of you suggestions. Will try to work on it. Nice to know there is someone to ask. Have a great Holiday, Ann

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:09 pm

I can't even get to that site AND Google gets NO hits for "realxstreamvideo"
are you sure that is the site ??

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm

Ann . . . don't you mean RealXstream.com ?

http://www.realxstream.com/prospects.as ... onceptHome

Dan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 pm

By the way . . . this web site is VERY s-l-o-w loading and requires a fast Internet connection.

I was able to view their on-line skydiving videos but could not find any way to download them :?

Dan

Ann Coulter

That's it

Postby Ann Coulter » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:29 pm

You are right, the actual site I have is www.realxstream.com. My link adds the video wording. Sorry for the mix up. I don't have a problem with the speed, it is just a matter of capturing flash video. Tried a software called Fraps, but that only allows for videos played by a media player. Still looking for something. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the wrong web address. Ann

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:03 am

Ann,
I don't know if it is just "puff or hype" but this site features a software program (I have never used it) that says it is the ONLY software available that can do what you want. I really don't know but thought I would send the link so you can look at it. Good luck.

http://all-streaming-media.com/record-v ... corder.htm

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Ann Coulter

Thanks everyone

Postby Ann Coulter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Mikey, I know how much you try to help everyone. I always appreciate your input and thanks for trying to help.
Brian, If I had not waited until the last minute, your info would be the best way to go, but always the procrastinator, I lost track of time and didn't get a chance to get a copy in time.
Dan, Thanks for taking the time to try to help it is always appreciated. I can tell you spent sometime trying to help.
Jerry, Your site seems to work fine, but for some reason won't record this (for whatever reason) By all rights it appears that it should, but I'm using the demo mode and it just won't.
I have uploaded the first draft, and would appreciate any and all critiques. One of the wonderful attributes of this forum and program is that I have until 12:00 AM Sept 7th to upload a final draft and give it to my niece.
I was going to have the slide with her on the floor and the TV playing in the background, open up the video. Zoom in and play the jump. A good thought, but unattainable from what I can see.
If you would like to view here is the link. It is show # 10 Keriann
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalb ... ?bm=121445

Any critiques would be appreciated. I know I didn't get the slides moving right in the beginning, but am brain dead @ this point.
Thanks to all of you for trying to help. Ann

Ann Coulter

Show 3

Postby Ann Coulter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Just checked the link, sorry it's show 3 "Keriann"

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks