Page turn

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Bill McMahon

Photshop Elements 5.0

Postby Bill McMahon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:55 am

Magnus,
Thanks for all the information. I opted to buy from Office Max ($80 plus tax) so I at least get a box, an abbreviated "manual" and access to some tutorials from Adobe. Now comes the hard part, learning how to use it effectively. Again thanks so much for the information.
Bill

classieladydi

photo editing.

Postby classieladydi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi all. I'm a newbie here. Has anyone used Paintshop Pro It's a pretty good program and is pretty much like photoshop but less expensive. I'm sure it is not equal to, but depending on what you need, for me is great. Problem is everything i find on the net for proshow gold or producer was created by photoshop. I can't find alot that is compatable for paintshop pro. Anyone here used it before?

magnusg

Ulead Photoimpact

Postby magnusg » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Also check out Ulead Photoimpact 12. I use both Photoshop elements 5, and Photoimpact, and sometimes Photoshop 7.

Photoimpact has been my favorite since they came out with version 5 years ago. I do actually prefer it
before Elements. It can actually do everything Elements can., and more. The price is very resonable as well.
Just go to their website at Ulead.com.
You can download the manual for Impact 12 here. This way you can see what it can do, and also screenshots.
http://www.ulead.com/pi/documents.htm

Blessings!
Magnus

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 am

I would be somewhat cautious with PhotoImpact (as well as any
other Ulead product). They have been bought out and the whole
array of stuff is now really under Corel. Much of it has been
shut off (Media Studio Pro which I have among others if you read
any of the support forums for Ulead). Photoimpact was a fairly
nice product (I have versions up through 10). I don't know
exactly where Corel is going with PhotoImpact, but I do know
how the loyal supporters feel about what has happened to
MSP and several other of their products.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bbdigital » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am

If your not a hardened photo manipulator who wants/needs the laters Photoshop CS3 almost any version of Photoshop or Elements will meet your needs for what we need to produce in our slide shows,

Later versions of Photoshop (can't now recall when they were introduced) have actions. A way to record repetitive tasks and apply that task to a button, key stroke of a batch command. (change a whole folder of images in size, colour, sepia, sharpness etc.)

Actions are very useful for AV enthusiasts because what we do is often repetitive

There are plenty of tutorials around for Photoshop and Elements and I have many myself.

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

BethS

Postby BethS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 am

I bought elements 5 but now I see there is an elements 6. The upgrade is more expensive than the program was which is too bad. I have found that elements 5 gets the job done for me (and very quickly I must say) so I am pretty happy with it.

Beth

SSteve

Page turn

Postby SSteve » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:11 pm

Barbara_K wrote:Beth,

Dave Fitzpatrick posted a method he created on the Yahoo Group a while ago along with the files and tutorial. As far as I know this is the only way to do this effect in Gold. Here's the link to the demo he did:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5763&alb=0

Barbara

I have been following this post hoping to learn how to do the peel.I went into the site you listed and I get a error message sayin WMP can not play it (unkown format)Is the peel a transition I could not find it ?
Steve

Postby Barbara_K » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Steve,

I'm not sure what file you got the error message saying WMP could not play. If it was the link to Dave Fitzpatrick's demo it should play with the Photodex Presenter. In case you couldn't get to the files section of the Yahoo Group, I have uploaded Dave's instructions and .PNG files. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Barbara

joepeh

Screen width of this message

Postby joepeh » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Why does this "Page Turn" question occupy MORE than the width of my screen.... forcing me to scroll right to view all. None of the other posts does so?

Newbie Joe

pasjc

Postby pasjc » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 am

:( I would love to do the page turn but every time i try to run the photodex link it gives me an error message and shuts down HELP please

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks