newbie with a question about dvd slideshows

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

newbie with a question about dvd slideshows

Postby mkschaefer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 pm

I first downloaded the trial version and was finally able to burn a slideshow to a DVD after reading thru these forums. So, I purchased the product today. I hope I am not disappointed. I do have one question - basically what I am trying to do is to burn a DVD slideshow of all of my pictures on a monthly basis. Within each month, I would like to create 'chapters' so that if I just wanted to vew pictures from a certain event, I wouldn't have to watch this slideshow that is goign to be 1/2 hour long or longer in order to view the pictures I want to see. My question is - how do I set that up? I see the screen when the menu layout options when you go to burn the DVD, but I guess I am not sure how to get the 'chapters' set up. Maybe it is not even possible? And I have tried to search thru the help and thru these forums, but maybe I am just not searching for right keyword or subject. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Melissa

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:35 pm

First welcome aboard!

Chapters are something that the DVD Video format supports but isn't something the ProShow does. Nor, I think, is it really what you want. The equivalent would be to create a separate show for each month and then include multiple shows on the DVD. The menu would let you pick each show independently. There will be a limit on the number of shows you can include on one DVD but the limit is probably high enough to do what you want.

Hope that will help get ya going.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:36 am

I have made a couple of ProShow DVD's with 6 separate shows on one DVD as Dick describes. The "only" limitation you may encounter will be the total capacity of the DVD disc itself. This means that if you try and include too many pictures in each of your individual shows, you may reach a point where you will exceed the total storage capacity of the DVD disc.

So . . . try to keep each one of your individual shows as small as possible and you shouldn't have a problem. You can also use a "naming" method for each successive DVD that you create which will allow you to quickly find pictures for a specific month in your DVD collection i.e. Main Menu Title: Jan thru June 2007, Jul thru Dec 2007, etc., Individual Show Titles: Jan - 2007, Feb - 2007, Mar - 2007, etc. :)

Dan

Postby mkschaefer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

Thanks for the help! that is exactly what I was looking for. I just didn't know exactly where to look to get it! The multiple shows on one DVD will work great!

Melissa

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 am

Melissa,
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I think you will find everyone here ready to help you in any way they can. They have been great in helping me to learn how to use PSG and to give me great ideas on how to get the results that I want.

You will find that PSG usually has a couple of ways to accomplish your goal, and the real pros on the board are amazingly creative in using the features in ways that I at first would not have thought possible. The book is limited in its scope, but the contributors to the forum are not!

Welcome,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks