Multiple pictures in one slide

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
danll

Multiple pictures in one slide

Postby danll » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Sorry I posted this under the wrong forum.

I'm new with PSG, I have the 2.6 ver. I'm looking to find out how to have multiple pictures on one slide. Will update to PSG 3.0 soon.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:17 pm

I think that with Gold, it was version 3 that added layers. Before
that, if you wanted multiple pictures in one "slide", you had to
create an image in your photo editor that had the 4 images in
1 for example. I seem to remember that was one of the things
added in version 3.

I switched to Producer from gold when version 3 came out,
so it has been a while since I used Gold.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

danll

Postby danll » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:28 pm

maybe I'll just jump to producer

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Yep -- see
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/new.html
"Multiple layers per slide" is "new" in Gold 3.0

If you jump to producer, depending on how long you have
had gold, you can get a fairly good deal on it -- check out
http://www.photodex.com/purchase/loyalty.html
(and no Debbie, I won't say anything :wink: )

One of the big things in Producer is Keyframes which are
very cool BUT have been known to drive people to drink, pull
their hair out, rant and rave etc trying to understand them.
Once you understand them, they work very well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Danll,
Yup, Mikey is right about 3.0 having layers. Then the multiple pic/one slide is a snap. Check out some of the things Lavina Molnar is doing in PSG. See Sample shows. It has alot of capabilities. After I gain more proficiency with Gold, I may be interested in going to Producer also. They are both great programs.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

andy

Postby andy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:08 am

gpsmikey wrote:Yep -- see

If you jump to producer, depending on how long you have
had gold, you can get a fairly good deal on it -- check out
http://www.photodex.com/purchase/loyalty.html
(and no Debbie, I won't say anything :wink: )

mikey

Mikey, you must learn not to bottle things up, it’s not healthy!! :roll:
andy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Multiple pictures in one slide

Postby DickK » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm

danll wrote:I'm new with PSG, I have the 2.6 ver. I'm looking to find out how to have multiple pictures on one slide. Will update to PSG 3.0 soon.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

What the guys said is true, but 2.6 does have the ability, sorta, to have multiple pictures on a slide--provided multiple equals two. The trick is to make one picture the background and then you've got the single picture layer to work with. Limited at best but in some circumstances it might be enough. As to the upgrade, definitely recommend going to version 3. Now PSP vs. Gold is harder--lots of discussion threads on that topic you might want to check. One example (of many):

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... highlight=

One big advantage to Gold 3 is that the learning curve will be shorter--it isn't zero but it's a lot shorter than the big leap from PSG2.6 up to PSP3. Also, don't forget that you can download both versions as trial copies and try them out.

Enjoy!
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

danll

Postby danll » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks everyone. I now have 3.0 and I'm ready to do multiple pics on a slide. Lets say four total, two on the top and two below. I would like for each of the photos seperately zoom to full size then back to the smaller size. Any help is appreciated.
My next task will be photo stitching two or more photo's. What I'm thinking of, I was at a ballgame and I took multiple shots of the park from my seat. Iwould like to stich all those photos together and add it to a slide and make it look like one continous picture from my seat. Get it?

Thanks, everyone in here is so creative, I'm just trying absorb all this wealth of information.

SSteve

multiple pics one slide

Postby SSteve » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:47 am

Bump
I Pumped in order to be kept infromed on this post.
Thanks
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 pm

danll
This is not comprehensive, but should get you going.
Drag the first picture to the slide, double click on the slide and select the 'Motions' tab. Zoom and place this photo top left.
Drag the second photo to the same slide BUT hold down CTRL key (this will place the photo on another layer), zoom and place this top right.
Repeat for each of the other two photos, bottom left and right.

*Copy all these layers to the next slide, and make the transition a 'cut' or 'A/B fade' with time 0.0.*

On slide 2 double click on the top left hand picture and zoom it and position to fit screen.

Repeat the * - * step above

On slide 3 zoom the picture back to top left

Repeat the * - * step.

On slide 4 repeat as above zooming the next picture and etc.

Hope this will get you going, once you have the hang of it you will find it simple. Just play and don't pull your hair out, one small step at a time.

Brian

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 pm

danll wrote:... My next task will be photo stitching two or more photo's. What I'm thinking of, I was at a ballgame and I took multiple shots of the park from my seat. I would like to stitch all those photos together and add it to a slide and make it look like one continuous picture from my seat. Get it?.

Well, yeah, but what I "get" from the description would be more like a slow pan across a big (zoomed) picture, where "picture" is actually a series of them but if they're close to contiguous, then they'll look more-or-less like a pan across the view from your seat. Another alternative maybe but the way you'd do it is still the idea Brian described--a series of slides with cut/zero-time as the transition with the motion on each slide making it look like a series of motions on one composite image.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

danll

Postby danll » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:23 pm

briancc,
I almost have it. I decided to go with three photo's on one slide (upside down triangle) the bootom slide appears first, then the top left and last the top right. My only challenge is that the bottom picture is always in view (bottom middle at a reduced size) when the last two slides zoom to full screen. I need to hide the bootom picture when the other two slides zoom to full size.
Thanks

danll

Postby danll » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:34 pm

should have just addressed you as brian, my apologies

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:07 pm

danll wrote:briancc,
I almost have it. I decided to go with three photo's on one slide (upside down triangle) the bootom slide appears first, then the top left and last the top right. My only challenge is that the bottom picture is always in view (bottom middle at a reduced size) when the last two slides zoom to full screen. I need to hide the bootom picture when the other two slides zoom to full size.
Thanks

Not positive this will be what you're wanting but to make a picture disappear, set it's zoom to be 0%.
Example:

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=3798

Dick

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:56 pm

Danll

Danll wrote:I need to hide the bootom picture when the other two slides zoom to full size.

Missed a vital step when working it through in my head :oops:

Change the order of the layers on each slide so that the slide you want to zoom is the TOP layer. In 'slide options'>'layers' either drag the layers or use the blue up/down arrows at the side.

Brian

Next

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks