Show slow to get going

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Show slow to get going

Postby Shaker » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:11 am

This is a problem which I had and to which I found a solution. My experience may help others.

A show took for ever to get going when I tried to view it on the Photodex website.

The show contained a longish piece of music and I had offset the start point so only the last third was played.
The delay appears to have been caused by the loading of the unused first two thirds. The cure was to cut off the the unused part (I used Audacity).

Hope this may help someone.
Shaker

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Yep

Postby alcain » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 am

I have found Audacity to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Mmmmmm. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:34 pm

Good point and this is one aspect of something that everyone needs to remember--ProShow doesn't really edit the content you use in a show. This applies to edits you make to an image or cutting a section of video out for use or as you point out, selecting a section of an audio track. Generally this is a good thing but it does mean that ProShow is still loading the original content and applies the changes/edits on the fly which can slow things down and can increase the size of the output show file.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks