Crop in PSG or Photoshop Elements?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
chasmeister

Crop in PSG or Photoshop Elements?

Postby chasmeister » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,
I've been browsing the forum, looking at threads on resolution, etc.

Here's a question regarding cropping:
Is it better/easier to crop photos in ProShow Gold, or in an external program like Photoshop Elements? I have a few dozen soccer photos that need to be cropped for a slideshow, and am just wondering the best way to do it.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Charlie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:50 pm

Charlie --

Better? Well, hmmm... different might be a better ;) way to put it. Essentially any edit operation that you do in ProShow has no impact on the actual image. That way to can use whatever edits make the image look good in the slideshow but you didn't change the original at all. So, if that idea appeals to you then PSG is "better".

On the other hand, the downside to this is the same--whatever work you go to in PSG to make the image "right" isn't really happening at all, so if you wanted the change (the crop in your case) to be permanent, doing it in Elements is "better".

Personally, I do most of the editing in Elements and occasionally tweak an image in PSG when I want the change to only change what I see in the show.

Hope that helps,
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks