Adding Text One Line At A Time

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:19 am

I have had many users asking about adding text one line at a time. Here is a sample show detailing how it is done.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4882&alb=0

Tutorial on adding text one line (or one paragraph) at a time.

This tutorial will show you how you can add text (or a group of text) so that it appears more naturally for the reader. The process may seem complicated at first, but it is easier to do than it looks.

It works with PSG or PSP.

1) Open a new PSG or PSP file, or open one you are working on that needs multi text.
2) Next, insert a blank slide
3) Go to captions.
4) In that slide, type ALL of the text that will appear in the final screen., separated in multi caption boxes. Do this by adding a line, then clicking on the + to create a new caption box. Add as many caption boxes as you have lines of text to add. Arrange the text boxes exactly how you want the finished slide to look. You may not change or move any of them from this point on.
5) Close this window by clicking “Doneâ€
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

zweck

Postby zweck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post this alcain. This is helpful and I will use it.

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 am

I did ever thing trying to keep from posting this post because I am sure it will sound dumb.
I got up to # 5 no problems then I got lost I can not find a time line.I went into help it is mentioned there but does not tell me how to get it to show ??
Steve

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:51 am

Hi Steve

The timeline is the bottom row of numbered squares where you actually put your pictures. Hope this helps you out.

Linda :lol:

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:33 pm

newtcruiser wrote:Hi Steve

The timeline is the bottom row of numbered squares where you actually put your pictures. Hope this helps you out.

Linda :lol:

I never knew that was called the time line.I all ways just called it image frames.
Thank you Linda

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

PM me anytime

Postby alcain » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Steve, Private Message me anytime and I can walk you through it. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks