Audio trimmimg

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Audio trimmimg

Postby yiofin » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:07 pm

I cannot figure out how to synchronize the start and end point of audio track with specific slide. The trimmer soundtrack does have reference to specific slide - just timing from the beginning of the track . Does it mean that I have to do manual calculation of time interval in the slide show and manually search for corresponding point on the soundtrack for trimmimg? Appreciate help and advice

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking -- but I'll give it a try.
If you want sound associated with a specific slide, you can double click the
slide, select sounds and add the sound to the slide -- you can also select
if you want it to continue playing after the slide has ended (into the next
slide(s)). If you are trying to synchronize the slides to the beat of the
music etc, hit the TAB key and it will show the music peaks along a linear
timeline and you can drag edges/transitions around on the slides to line
them up with the beat of the music (I find it works best if you use a short
transition and do it just after the start of the beat). Hope that helps.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby yiofin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:47 am

gpsmikey wrote:Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking -- but I'll give it a try.
If you want sound associated with a specific slide, you can double click the
slide, select sounds and add the sound to the slide -- you can also select
if you want it to continue playing after the slide has ended (into the next
slide(s)). If you are trying to synchronize the slides to the beat of the
music etc, hit the TAB key and it will show the music peaks along a linear
timeline and you can drag edges/transitions around on the slides to line
them up with the beat of the music (I find it works best if you use a short
transition and do it just after the start of the beat). Hope that helps.

mikey

Thanks, gpsmikey, for your advice. I actually wanted just to trim soundtrack music at certain slide, fade it down to start the next track. I found it difficult to do it accurately using audio trimmer. Trimmer displays the track waveform on time scale of current track with no reference to slide show time line or slides. Looking just on the waveform and listening music it is quite difficult for me to define the appropriate reference transition point. My question was if there is some more accurate way of doing this other than "try- fail-try again" process? Thanks again

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:48 pm

Well, I find there's a fair amount of trial-and-error involved but PSG can help a bit. It isn't a complete answer but if you hit the "Tab" key while on the timeline screen you'll see the audio track waveform and the slides right above it. That may help you because you can see the effect a bit better than just the bar, plus you can do some adjustments to fade and trimming right there.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Audio trimming

Postby yiofin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 pm

[quote="DickK"]Well, I find there's a fair amount of trial-and-error involved but PSG can help a bit. It isn't a complete answer but if you hit the "Tab" key while on the timeline screen you'll see the audio track waveform and the slides right above it. That may help you because you can see the effect a bit better than just the bar, plus you can do some adjustments to fade and trimming right there.

Dickk,

Thanks a lot!! This is a great tool I was missing. I wish I new it before. Using CTRL key I was able to adjust volume, fades and move the whole track in both directions along the time line. I just could not figure out how to trim track in this view? However, this view allows to easily adjust slide timing to match the particular place on the sound track.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks