How to make one picture appear and then another beside it

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
tnhelen

How to make one picture appear and then another beside it

Postby tnhelen » Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 pm

I cannot figure this out. I have a right hand and left hand mask template I can use for this if I need it.

I want to put one picture in a slide and make it appear for a few seconds - say on the right, then add another picture next to it- on the left - and have them both show. I've seen it done on wedding videos. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Helen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun May 06, 2007 1:53 am

Helen

Slide 1, have your first picture appear, say on the lefthand side. You will now have a single picture on the LHS.
Slide 2, copy slide 1 to this slide. Now on this slide (2), hold down the CTRL key and drag another picture to the righthand side. (This will add the second picture on another layer). You will now have two pictures side by side.
Slide 3, copy slide 2 to this slide and delete the layer with the first picture (should be layer 2). You will now have a single picture on the RHS. If instead you change the picture of layer 2, you will have a fade of the LHS picture to another picture.

Transitions of fade look good.

Hope this helps.
Brian

tnhelen

Postby tnhelen » Sun May 06, 2007 8:24 pm

Thank you. Worked great.

Helen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon May 07, 2007 12:48 am

Helen
Pleased to have been of help.
Brian

Gandalf001

Postby Gandalf001 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 am

Brian
I still use an old version of PSG. At what point did PSG start using layers?
Pete

Postby nannybear » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:13 am

The new PSG 3 if I am not mistaken......cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

woodnut

Postby woodnut » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:12 am

Brian

I've been reading this thread but I'll be darned if I can make it work. I managed to get the first slide over to one side and then copy it, but I can't add a second slide. Can you walk me through it with a bit more help.

Thanks

Neil

woodnut

Postby woodnut » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:16 am

Hi again

I think I figured it out. I clicked on the + sign in the layers part of the slide and "added" an image. I couldn't make it work using the Ctrl key

cheers

Neil

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:51 am

Neil

If you hold the CTRL key down you can 'drag' a picture from the 'Folder List' viewer onto a slide that exists on the time line and the picture is added as another layer. I find this easier than the method you have found, which is an alternative.

Brian

woodnut

Postby woodnut » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Brian

I tried that and it worked this time. Who knows what went wrong before but your method works....somehow I ended up with 3 layers though; one of the pictures was duplicated so I went under the editing title and deleted layer 3

anyhow cheers and thanks

Neil

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:30 am

Brian, What slide length and transition times would work best for your method of having slides appear beside each other?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:39 am

Now that depends on, 'How long is a piece of string?' :lol:

It really depends on the subject matter, how long does it take to absorb the picture content.
Is the sound track a fast beat or a slow beat? The slower the track normally the longer the slide time.

This is the art in making a slide show, and I find it very difficult to descibe 'art'.

Sorry this is not much help :oops: , try starting at 4 sec slide time and 2 sec transition and see if it seems right for the subject and sound.

Brian

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks