Switch to full style
Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Post a reply

add video to enhance a still picture

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a few beach pictures that I want to add a video that shows a "splash of ocean water". How can I do that? I know to use layers, but is the "splash" video used as a mask? How does the rest of the splash video (meaning the background, sky, etc) not show in my picture?

Re: add video to enhance a still picture

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 pm

In this case I would put the video on the bottom layer and then size and place my picture on a layer above the video. The picture will cover areas that you do not want to show.

If you want to get fancier, you would then have to use a picture editor to shape your picture to make it look more natural on top of your video.

Regards,
-Vernon

Re: add video to enhance a still picture

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Note that while a jpg image is rectangular and does not support transparency, if you cut out the image you want in front and save it as a .png with transparency, you can then have things behind it that are visible around the image (you would need to cut it out in a photo editor like Photoshop or some other editor). The other option would be to create a mask that was the shape of what you wanted to have in the foreground and would make everything else visible (search for the term "clipping mask" - it is often used to have large text etc that "shows" an image behind it).

mikey
Post a reply