Black outline

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Black outline

Postby coolbreeze0121 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 am

Not sure what to call this but is there a way to get rid of the back that seems to run around my backgrounds on the slides?

Re: Black outline

Postby im42n8 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:16 am

You don't give much to go on. So, what is causing the problem isn't easy to pinpoint.

So, I'll go out on a limb and assume there's a slight size or aspect mismatch or there's a transparent pixel problem on the edges of the graphics (which are the same aspect as the show), then I'd try to increase the zoom of the layer by 1 or 2 and see what happens. The offending edges should extend past the frame edge.

Does that help any?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby coolbreeze0121 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 am

Sorry am new to this and not really sure how to explain myself yet. I have the slide set up and a background in place, but around the background there is a thick back background. I can live with it but it is driving me crazy looking at it. lol

Postby BarbaraC » Sun May 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Is the background you're using an image? In other words, are there two layers in your slide--your photo and then some sort of image you're using as a background? If this is the case, then the black you're seeing is the slide background, which defaults to black. If, as I say, you have an image in layer 2 that you're using as a background, you can do one of two things: crop it to fit either the 4:3 or the 16:9 ratio (whichever format you're using) or you can set it to "Fill frame."

Hope that helps. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks