Can I add the same background image to multiple slides but..

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Can I add the same background image to multiple slides but..

Postby CyndiKB » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 am

I am making a very large slideshow and it has multiple segments to it. I want to use a different image for the background slide for each of the different segments. So segment one of the slideshow has background A, segment two of the slideshow has background B, etc. Is there a way to make image A the background for all of segment one without doing each slide individually? I don't want it for the whole show so that doesn't work. So far I've been going through each individual slide and adding the background and it's taking me forever.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Can I add the same background image to multiple slides but..

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 am

I'm not sure if Gold has this option - if it does, there is an option under Show Options, click the "Show Background" tab then under "Background", you can select "color", "gradient" or "image". Producer has the option, but I can't remember if Gold does. I assume you are making each "segment" of your show as a separate show ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby CyndiKB » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 am

Yes it has that option but I need all the segments to be together in one show, not a bunch of different shows. So if I use that option, it makes the background slide the slide for the whole show. Does that make sense?

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Yes, I see what you are saying. I can't think of a way to accomplish what you want right off hand that doesn't involve either editing the .psh file for the show (it is just a text file) of assembling the show from "segments" with copy/paste, and I don't think you can do that in Gold only Producer. Hopefully one of the folks here with more experience with Gold can help with your requirements.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Great question! I didn't know we could do this but we can. It's a little obscure but it works. The key is yet another case of the "right click everything" rule.

Get the image you want as the background applied to one slide. Then bring that slide up and go to the SLIDE tab, Background tab. Now select the group of slides you want to apply this background to. Now right-click on the Override background for this slide -- there's step one, it will copy this checkbox to the selected slides. Step two is to then right click on the radio button that says Image -- that one copies the radio button to the selected slides. Step three (and last) is to copy the actual image, yep you guessed it, right-click right on the image file name over there just to the right of the Remove button and, if I managed to get all that correct, there you are.

Took me a bit to sort it out but once I'd seen the right-click copy on the Override check box I was pretty sure it would work.

Hope that helps you -- helped me!
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Ha - glad to see you pop in Dick - I was hoping you would show - figured if anybody knew the incantation in Gold it would be you. :D

mikey

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Mikey -- your confidence is nice but perhaps misplaced a bit -- I had no idea but Standard Rule #3 applies: Right-click everything and see what it does. I'd wager the exact same thing applies to PSP as well.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby CyndiKB » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:07 am

Dick you are awesome!!! Thank you so much!! This is going to save me so much time!!! And Mikey thank you for your help as well!!

AAAAHHHHH!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me!!! LOL :lol:

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Thank you, Dick! Just recently I was faced with exactly the same all-or-nothing background situation in Producer, and I assumed it couldn't be done in sections. Mantra: Right-click, right-click, right-click...

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Barbara -- Yeah I've occasionally needed to do it and always did it the brute force way and never stumbled across the copy, but clearly the OP couldn't do that in any practical way. "Heck, you can copy everything else, why not the background?" I'm thinking. But it turns out to not be quite that easy and I've not quite decided whether the 3-step process is better or worse. As it stands you can copy each piece of setting the background--not sure why but it maintains the flexibility at the cost of making it pretty obscure. Still it just shows that there's always something else in there to be learned. I wonder how many of the PhotoDex folks even know that one?
Dick

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 am

I wonder how many of the PhotoDex folks even know that one?

Good question. When we speak with them, we're not speaking with the programmers, and so there's always a chance that the person has missed at least one small beat. It probably doesn't happen often, but I'll bet it does happen.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks