Saving a slide........

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
steve conway

Saving a slide........

Postby steve conway » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:17 pm

In PSG, if I make a title slide or slides or closing slide(s) using fades, zooms etc. etc., and I want to just save this for use in other shows, which would be the best way to save it?

Do I have to save it as an incomplete show,(PXC), or what? Most of my final videos are saved as WMV for web posting, and though I have never tried, I don't think WMV will open in the program.

Steve C.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Saving a slide........

Postby TinaJ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 pm

I don't know if this is the right way, but this is what I did: I saved my intro slides with the name explosion intro. Then I would open it, add the slides to make a new show after it, and save that with the show name: visit to the zoo. That way I still have my original intro slide show saved, and was able to use it in my new show.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 pm

**Ding** give the prize to Tina! ;)

That's exactly what I do: save anything I think I might reuse as parts and pieces in separate shows. Then just do a cut-n-paste into what I'm working on.

The only downside is that you can't preserve a music track with this approach. So, all is lost? No, not really. In some cases, you won't be able to use this because it works to add just one part, say an opening or closing. Essentially all you do is load the show with the opening as the first step, save it with a new name and start adding more pictures. Same thing works if you had a closing segment. The limitation is that everything you want to reuse has to be in one show that you start with if you want to keep the music intact.

Hope that helps,

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 am

It's been an awfully long time since I used Gold, so I don't know if it has Projects. If it does, then it might be a simple matter of opening a new show in project mode, opening the the intro show inside the project, and copying the intro into the new show. But would sound also be copied? I've no idea. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Not in PSG.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks