Cut & Paste Sound Files

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Cut & Paste Sound Files

Postby Scouse » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Is it possible to cut and past all the sound files, including the fades, and start/finish points, from one show to another?

PS Gold 4.00.2549

Thanks
Tom

Re: Cut & Paste Sound Files

Postby juicedownload » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey Tom,

I don't think it's possible to cut and paste the audio with all the settings intact.

However, it would be easy to just duplicate your current show, save it under a different name, then remove all the slides and replace it with new slides.

- A Second Option -
If Proshow Gold allows you to save the show as a template, you may be able to save all the audio tracks with the specific fades, starts and ends. Then you can use the template for any show.

Tim

Postby Scouse » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Tim - thanks for the quick response.

I have two slideshows, both about five minutes long, and I want to combine them into one ten minute show. All the sound files are already faded and trimmed, and I can easily copy all the slides from one show onto the end of the other, but can't seem to find a way to do it with the sound. I guess I could just note all the start and finish times (fades are not that important) and rebuild them - there are not that many.

Too late for me - I'll check out the template idea tomorrow.

Cheers
Tom

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Wish I had better news but, unfortunately there's no real way to do what you want with the sound files. A template won't help, it's a PSP-only function. We need a "combine shows" function but right now there isn't one.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks