Slide scans for a ProShow show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
haloliver83

Slide scans for a ProShow show

Postby haloliver83 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 am

I have been scanning several hundred slides for a presentation. I scan athe slides at 35mm X 24mm and 1000dpi. They are saved in Photoshop. When I create the show I just bring the images directly into the show without any problems. The main problem I have is that when editing the program I go the the source of the files but wind up with additional images. I need to get to get rid of images that do not belong in the segment without loosing the files. Anyone had this experience?
Hal Oliver

Re: Slide scans for a ProShow show

Postby Magmatic » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm

I have not. And I'm not sure what you mean. Are you getting duplicate slides in the show? I'm not sure how the adding is done in Gold. Do you then just remove the extra slides? That will not lose the original file.
David Shuford

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Hal -- first, welcome! You've got me confused, too, as to just what you're seeing. Can you describe it a bit better? Where are you seeing these "duplicates"? All the images or just some?
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 am

Hal . . . I believe I may have experienced the same problem you describe when I have attempted to select a number of picture files by highlighting a large group of pictures on my Windows XP computer. It seems there is a limit as to how many pictures to "grab" at one time. If I highlight too many pictures, Windows XP starts to make duplicates, i.e. picture #1 and picture #1_1, etc.

I don't know what the magic number is that Windows XP starts to make duplicates, but I always have to methodically delete the duplicates and start over by selecting a smaller number of pictures to move :wink:

Dan

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks