new style?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

new style?

Postby vgonchar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi,

I have an idea to show pictures flying from in between rose petals. So the picture should appear from behind rounded or torn edge. Is it possible to do in PSG? How about in PSP? Any ideas, please, how to make it?

Regards,
Vlad.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: new style?

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm

It is hard to fully picture the effect you are trying to obtain. If you want pictures to zoom into focus between the rose petals, than both Gold and Producer can do that. It might be easier in Producer because of the keyframing capability. This would allow you to track with a moving petal on the screen.

If you want the picture to appear from behind a petal, then you might want to consider using the masking option found in Producer.

So a little better understanding of what you are trying to accomplish would go a long way towards getting you focused help. Maybe you could find a similar technique being used in another show and provide a link.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby heckydog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:54 am

I've done similar things in the past although not with rose petals. What I would do is create a series of png files. The layer closest to the camera would have the most amount of the rose erased. Then each successive picture would add a petal. Then you place your pictures in between each layer and scale them to fit the way you need. The last picture in the series would serve as a background so it would be a complete rose.

Here's an example of how I would do it. The pictures are not to scale but are there just to show the placement possibilities.

There are no doubt other ways to do this, perhaps even completely from within ProShow, but I find this way to be more accurate and easier to work with. In this case I used Photoshop to create the separate layers but any graphics editor should be capable of doing it.

Joe

Postby vgonchar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 am

Thank you, heckydog. What you are saying sounds very good and feasible idea. I will try it soon. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Vlad.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks