Creating Menus....

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
jmjake911

Creating Menus....

Postby jmjake911 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:12 am

I have 4 shows to add to one menu... this is my first show using ProShow Gold 4. I am really enjoying the program and was wondering if anyone can give me some goods tips, advice for creating a menu with music. I used a real basic program and the menu creation was simple. I am a little worried about this.... the slideshow itself has gone real well and I am thrilled with the outcome thus far.

Would you suggest a photo background? A basic program background?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

janet

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Creating Menus....

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Janet,
Adding music to the ProShow Menu is really easy. When you create the menu, take a look under the General Tab for Customize Menu. There you can apply a track that will play on every menu page (if you have a multi-page menu), or you can select custom music to be played when each menu page is selected.

So to summarize,

1. Select Create Output
2. Select DVD
3. Select the Menu Tab
4. Under Menu Layout, choose the type of menu you would like to have (e.g. how many thumbnails per page)
5 Select Create Custom Menu to access the music, background, etc.

The ProShow manual does a decent job of covering this. If you don't have it, it is worth a download from the Photodex site.

Regards,
-Vernon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Vernon,

Well, well. In all this time I'd never noticed that was there. I'm not sure if I'd use it but it just shows there's something else in there to discover. Thanks for that!

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:17 pm

The ProShow programs are so feature rich, it is impossible to know everything about them. So we tend to discover them as we find a need. At least that is how it works for me.

-Vernon

Postby tcedmon » Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 am

I have built a school graduation DVD using PSG 6 which consists of nine shows/chapters. (1-Main Show / 8-Show one for each student)
Is there a way to customize the DVD menu for 9 shows to be on one menu screen?

PSG offers from one up to eight thumbnails on a menu, do I simply use the option of one thumbnail but add all nine shows?

Thanks,
Ed

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks