Moving more than one slide

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Moving more than one slide

Postby dleers » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi All - I'm new to this forum and am loving soaking up all the knowledge, different techniques, ideas and shows you've all shared. A huge thanks for being here :D

I'm in the process of putting together a show for my nephew's graduation. I, for some crazy reason, actually thought I "thought" through the process completely but, of course, am now finding that I want to move some slides. Is it possible to move more than one slide at a time? I'm looking to move a block of slides (slide 41 - 52) to an earlier portion of the show (slide 15 - 26). Can I do this easier than I think? I've looked around here and in the manual and I can't seem to find the info I need.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dianne

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Moving more than one slide

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Dianne,
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of helpful people here. The answer to your question is this:

Since the slides are contiguous, click on slide 41. Then using the scroll bars, scroll until you see slide 52. Hold down the shift key and click slide 52. This will select all of the slides from 41 -52. You can then drag the selection to the new section, or you can CUT and PASTE. Either method works.

If the slides are not contiguous. You can individually select multiple non-contiguous slides by using CTRL-Click. So you could CTRL-Click on slides 41, 43, 44, 47, and 51. Once they are selected, you know what to do. Drag-n-Drop or Cut-n-Paste.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby dleers » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Vernon -

Thanks buckets for your help! I did exactly as you said and it took no time at all. I knew some kind, caring person would be able to answer my question quickly and save my time and sanity. :D

I look forward to when my little production is over, I'm not on a time imposed schedule, and can actually sit back and really get to know this program. I hope to be able to be able to produce some great shows like I've seen here.

Thanks again for your help - it's appreciated!
Dianne

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 am

Glad it was helpful. I have to say that it takes a lot of dedication to work on a show when there is no deadline. I find that without a deadline I would keep tweeking and adjusting or otherwise, perfecting forever. So no matter how long a time horizon a show has, it would always consume the entire time horizon. Something to watch out for as you move forward.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby dleers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 am

Vernon -

I understand what you mean. I find myself in the middle of that now. Always changing something up, trying to find that "perfect" fit, review, review, review.

"So no matter how long a time horizon a show has, it would always consume the entire time horizon." Perfect quote for this.

Have a great day -
Dianne

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Another method. highlight all of the slides you want to move. Next, hit the "<" or the ">" key. This will move the highlighted slides left or right, respectively.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Dale, I didn't know you could that, and I love it. You are just plain chock full of better ways to do things. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Very handy Dale - was not aware of that one either. Now if I can just remember it :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:18 am

gpsmikey wrote:Very handy Dale - was not aware of that one either. Now if I can just remember it :lol:

Maybe we could divide up the remembering chores. You remember half and I'll remember the other half. As time goes on, others could join in. Imagine how good it would be if there were 10 rememberers. We'd each have to remember only 10 out of 100 things.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 am

Who's going to remember who remembers what, to tell those who can't remember who remembered what? :wink:
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:07 am

Brian, it would seem my plan is flawed. A young rememberer would have to be taken aboard to remember who is remembering what. We'd all then have to remember who is remembering who is remembering and what they're remembering.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 am

What were we talking about ??????? :shock:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:24 am

Were we talking?

Barbara (if I'm remembering correctly)

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks