Captions in Russian ?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Captions in Russian ?

Postby vgonchar » Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am

Is there a way to create captions in PSG in other language than English? How about in PSP?

Re: Captions in Russian ?

Postby gambler0 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:58 am

not this time.i go too photoshop to do that.

Postby cherub » Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 am

vgonchar wrote:Is there a way to create captions in PSG in other language than English? How about in PSP?

Does your Windows support Russian?
What do you do when you want to write in Russian instead of in English, in any other application? (Not Microsoft Office)
Do exactly the same thing in ProShow.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu May 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Just to tag onto Mona's answer, one issue you might run into would be the font. You need the appropriate font of course but if the Cyrillic font you want is something other than a Windows true-type (TTF extension) then ProShow may have trouble with it or be completely unable to use it. Other than that, it should work like any application.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby vgonchar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Dear Mona and DickK,

Thank you for response. But it does not work "like in any other Windows application"! I tryed every single font proposed by PSG and observed abracadabra - accented and not unknown letters. I guess your answers are based on theoretical conclusion only. Did you try it on your computer? Just try to copy and paste the follwing phrase into PSG caption (it says: "I love PSG, but it looks like these guys think all World speaks English only"):

Я люблю PSG, но похоже эти ребята считают, что весь мир говорит только по английски.

With respect,
Vlad.

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Vlad,
We cannot try this on our computers because we don't have Russian on our computers.

If you do have Windows with Russian, then you can use it in ProShow too. If you don't have Windows with Russian, you cannot use Russian in ProSHow.

Hope this is more clear now.

Postby vgonchar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 am

Hi Mona,

I have Windows XP Professional English version as I live and work in Toronto, Canada. My Windows has few additional input languages (including Russian) installed in Control panel -> Regional settings -> Languages tab. So I am able to use Russian to write emails, type in Notepad or MS Word. But when I do it in PSG caption, I am getting question marks or unknown letters instead of Russian letters. Often I also work in Arabic, French, German.

Sorry, dear ProSHow Enthusiasts, it looks like PSG (and PSP !) does not support multiply langueages. Lithic age! But I like it in every other aspect!

Anyway thank you for responses!
Regards,
Vlad.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks