Using videos without the video?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Chicagovids

Using videos without the video?

Postby Chicagovids » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 am

Confusing question, huh?

I'm setting up a video of our trip to Spain and I found this great video of a flamenco dance (that I pulled from YouTube) that I wanted to encorporate into my video. However, I'd like to run only part of the visual part of the video while keeping the sound/music throughout (total running time is 8 minutes and I only want about 30-45 seconds of the actual video).

Anyone know a way to pull that off?

One idea I had was to capture the sound separately and add that as an overriding soundtrack. Problem is I might have trouble trying to match up the timing of the video and sound. Also, I don't know of a program or add-on that would allow me to pull sound from the mp4 file.

Any ideas?

Re: Using videos without the video?

Postby heckydog » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 am

Welcome to the forum.

One option would be to use Audacity. It will let you capture any audio coming out of your speakers. There are other audio editors but Audacity is popular because it's free and does a decent job.

When you capture the video from youtube you can mute the audio so syncing a short segment of video shouldn't be a problem.

Joe

Postby wmcgraw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am

Super C http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Great utility that will allow you to strip out the sound file as mp3

as for sync'ing up sound and video maybe others have some suggestions

W

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 am

Use the video on two layers. One with the sound turned off and the second one set to start at the point you want to hear the audio. For the second layer, you will have to use an offset that is the length of how much you need to trim off the front end in order to get the audio on the second layer to line up with the video on the first layer.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,
-Vernon

Chicagovids

Postby Chicagovids » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks, everyone. I think that stripping the sound using "Super" and adding that as the soundtrack will work. Already saved the file as an mp3 and I should be able to work with the timing to get the video to match up in the beginning and possibly later in the middle.

I really appreciate the help! This forum is great!

Matt

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Matt -- one issue you should consider is getting permission to use the video that way. If the your show gets any kind of public view that would be strongly recommended along with a credit to the original person.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Chicagovids

Postby Chicagovids » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks, Dick. Will do. It's a video of our honeymoon so I'll probably just show it to family and friends at home, but it might be wise to do that in case I finally decide to upload to YouTube. Thanks for the advice.

Matt

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks