making multiple DVD's

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
akeene

making multiple DVD's

Postby akeene » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi All,

I just made my first show and it turned out exactly as I wanted it. It is about 40 minutes long. It took about that long to burn my first DVD and I have 13 more to make. Is there a way to do this quicker?

Thanks,

Amy

Re: making multiple DVD's

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:28 pm

The easiest way to make multiple copies (and the way a lot of us do it) is to create an ISO file instead of a direct burn when you "create" your DVD. On the pull-down menu where you can select your burner, one option is to create an ISO file (a snapshot if you will of everything that would be on a DVD). You can then use the free imgburn utility to burn as many copies as you want from that ISO file. If you keep the ISO file on your hard drive, you can create additional copies (identical to the original) any time you want. Imgburn is free, well written and lots of us use it all the time (me included). You can get it from http://www.imgburn.com

I should add that imgburn can also create an ISO file FROM a DVD you have already burned (it can't deal with the encrypted commercial ones though). That would allow you to create an ISO from the one you just made then clone it as many times as you want from that ISO.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bellzerr » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 am

If you want to avoid the ISO and external burner, I believe ProShow allows you to burn multiple copies. Yes, you may have to render the show ONE TIME, but then it will burn multiple copies one after the other. The problem with ISOs for me is that I never remember/trust what is in the file... latest version of the show? content included? Yada, yada. But that's just me.
Mark

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:28 am

For what it's worth Mark, there are a couple of things you can do to help that problem - when you save the ISO, modify the name to include the date or other info "myshow_20Nov_with_extras.iso" for example. There are also a number of utilities out there that can open/edit iso files, so you can peek inside the iso and see what is there :-)
As a last resort, you could have a notes file in the directory with a listing of the iso file names and the details/comments so you know exactly what is in each one ..... yeah, I don't do that either :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks