How do you display slide names?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

How do you display slide names?

Postby BAD » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:41 pm

This is a question about slide display on you computer monitor while in ProShow Gold software preparing your show. I'm running PSG 4.0.2549. When the slides display along the bottom of the screen they are given a number by PSG (e.g. 1,2,3,4 ...) In past versions my slide name was also display (e.g. IMG_2631.JPG). This is helpful for me in several ways. I miss it.

Can my slide name display in this version?? If so how? Thanks so much.

Barbara
Los Gatos, CA
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Re: How do you display slide names?

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't remember the exact incantation, but it is under the show options -- look up macros - there is a macro to display the image name on the slide (although I'm not sure what it does if the "slide" has multiple images in it). You can add the macro for the image name to the show or you can do it just at a per slide level.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:20 pm

If you are speaking of the way the slides appear in the slide list time line....

Edit>Preferences>Appearance>Slide Names In Slide List >Select "use name for top layer" in the drop down.

That should do it. I prefer it this way too.

But that will only display the name of the top layer. Slides with multiple layers beneath will not be listed of course because there is no room for that.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby BAD » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Debbie, Thanks so much. Your instructions were perfect. I had looked there but I didn't make the connection. I'm much happier now!

I just returned from the ABQ International Balloon Fiesta . . . .the photos of the 650 balloons ascending in the sky are perfect for a slide show. I can just hear Up, Up and Away!
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks