animated gif

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

animated gif

Postby dave45000 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Does anyone know of how I can download an animated gif and get it to actually work on a slide? Having difficulties getting this to work. I had one that worked but it was not good quality and now I cannot seem to get any others to work.
THanks

Re: animated gif

Postby texan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Animated Gifs DO Work in PSP, however, like many files PSP has to "like it"............

I just dropped 2 Gifs into a blank show to see how they'd behave, and both worked fine.......

Some files will work some won't (True of AVIs as well)
Texan

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:59 am

Do animated GIF's work in Gold?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm

They're supposed to and the example I just tried did.

However, GIF is a funny format with a fair number of variations in it. It may well be that not all the file format variations are supported. It might help to simply load it into an editor and save it with a new name--look to see if there are more than one GIF file type listed in the save-as and experiment.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

nygiants57

Postby nygiants57 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:54 am

I just made a Halloween slide show last night using animated GIF's in Producer. The way i was able to get them to work was to hightlight the GIF, go to Layers\Video Settings and check the "Loop until end of slide" option.

Hope this helps

Postby AMD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

I have just treated the animated .gifs like videos and checked for them to loop, and they work fine. I have used several in shows.

Ann

Postby cec_mar2008 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Remember Gifs usually don't have good resolutions. I had problems with Gifs. They work OK when making the show, in the preview and in exe files. But when I make a video or DVD, they don´t work. The programm can´t render Gifs. Sometimes I used Total Video Converter to convert then to mov files and they work without trouble.
Sorry for my English, Cecilia :D

Postby AMD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:37 pm

I have in the last month or so made at least three shows that had several .gif animations. Certainly, they don't have adequate resolution for large items, but for small touches such as butterflies, distant birds, etc., they have worked fine for me and all of mine were rendered and burned to DVD. I was more than pleased and they saved me lots of time and trouble as well as added special touches to my shows.

Ann

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks