Swim Team Show & Pool slide with a splash slide ideas?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Swim Team Show & Pool slide with a splash slide ideas?

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 am

I watched a really awesome show about a swim team a few days ago and have been unable to find it again. The show had this splashing water slide in it that I wanted to ask the author how it was created and it so many other cool things in it I was wondering if it was done in Producer and not Gold. Anyway the same person created an awesome soccer show about the Cheetah soccer team. Can anyone point me in the right direction on locating this show again or give me any good tips on a splashing water slide - something to start a pool segment off with a splash! :D

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Swim Team Show & Pool slide with a splash slide ideas?

Postby TinaJ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 am

Think you are talking about Michelle Funk's work, she does use Producer. Try doing a search for her name in the psp shows area and you should find them.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for supplying the name........I'm off to search now!

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 am

Michelle Funk's shows are filled with awesome effects.

I have a show with a segment where a child is sliding down a slide, lands in the water and the water splashes. But it was done with Producer.

I think I probably used Photoshop to select parts of the water with the magic wand and deleted the rest of the image. This way, it just took bits and pieces of the water so I could use that as a separate layer and move it as needed. The image was saved as a png file.

The layer could certainly use more key framing tweaks to better animate it. If I were to do it over again, I'd add more changes in zooming and opacity during the display. But I was just getting my feet wet with key-framing at the time so it's sort of plain looking. It's an old show from 2007 so no further changes will be done at this point.

Depending on the image, you may be able to use the chroma key to achieve similar effect without going outside the program to a photo editor. Try fiddling with the color selection and sliders to see if you can get what you want and add it as a layer over your image with some creative key framing.

Here's the show in which the water splash effect appears. It's my most watched show other than the tutorials in my album. The effect appears at about 1:33

"Church Picnic~ July 2007"
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3820&alb=0

This show was created in 3.0 1967. Please excuse the awful flashing images that appear during the page turn effect segments. They were NOT that way before the release of Version 4 Presenter and is a bug they are supposed to be fixing but I wonder if that will ever happen. Supposedly if I re-render and re-upload the show using a newer version (which I'm not likely to do) it is not supposed to look that way. Oh well....

To achieve this in Gold is probably doable but would take a series of slides recreating each key frame movement put into that one slide in my show.

Hope that gives you something to work with.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Tom Perry

Postby Tom Perry » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Here's one I did last month, but it's a Canadian swim meet in an indoor pool. You might get a few ideas from it? It follows the Michelle Funk "style".

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=144028

13.5 minutes long, 83.5 Mb and includes 6 video clips

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with me. I love the turning block effect as well as the water splash. I definately have a lot to learn!

debngar wrote:Michelle Funk's shows are filled with awesome effects.

I have a show with a segment where a child is sliding down a slide, lands in the water and the water splashes. But it was done with Producer.

I think I probably used Photoshop to select parts of the water with the magic wand and deleted the rest of the image. This way, it just took bits and pieces of the water so I could use that as a separate layer and move it as needed. The image was saved as a png file.

The layer could certainly use more key framing tweaks to better animate it. If I were to do it over again, I'd add more changes in zooming and opacity during the display. But I was just getting my feet wet with key-framing at the time so it's sort of plain looking. It's an old show from 2007 so no further changes will be done at this point.

Depending on the image, you may be able to use the chroma key to achieve similar effect without going outside the program to a photo editor. Try fiddling with the color selection and sliders to see if you can get what you want and add it as a layer over your image with some creative key framing.

Here's the show in which the water splash effect appears. It's my most watched show other than the tutorials in my album. The effect appears at about 1:33

This show was created in 3.0 1967. Please excuse the awful flashing images that appear during the page turn effect segments. They were NOT that way before the release of Version 4 Presenter and is a bug they are supposed to be fixing but I wonder if that will ever happen. Supposedly if I re-render and re-upload the show using a newer version (which I'm not likely to do) it is not supposed to look that way. Oh well....

To achieve this in Gold is probably doable but would take a series of slides recreating each key frame movement put into that one slide in my show.

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with me. I love the turning block effect as well as the water splash. I definately have a lot to learn!

debngar wrote:Michelle Funk's shows are filled with awesome effects.

Postby rita » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow, that show is awesome. Your photos are so clear and the effects are wonderful. Thanks!

Tom Perry wrote:Here's one I did last month, but it's a Canadian swim meet in an indoor pool. You might get a few ideas from it? It follows the Michelle Funk "style".

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=144028

13.5 minutes long, 83.5 Mb and includes 6 video clips

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks