Looping audio within an audio clip

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
ckk

Looping audio within an audio clip

Postby ckk » Mon May 18, 2009 7:26 am

Hi all - I'm new to all of this! I just created an 8 minute slide show for the Seniors in a High School music department. The show is about 8 minutes long. I have an audio selection (about 2 3/4 minutes long) that I would like to make internally loop to expand to the eight minutes. The selection is just a simple chord progression instrumental piece that I believe will loop well, but I don't want to loop end to end. In other words, I would like to clip a section (or two) from the middle of the piece and copy and insert that into the piece to make it longer - maybe several times.

I just downloaded Audacity - is that the way to go here? If so, does anyone know of a tutorial that will teach me how to do what I want to do? Or is there a better way to do what I'd like to do?

Thank you from a newbie!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Looping audio within an audio clip

Postby briancbb » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 am

Audacity is definitely the way to go if you wish to insert in the middle of an audio file. A quick 'Google' found this site http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual- ... rials.html for tutorials.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks