Adding Text to Slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
camerashy

Adding Text to Slides

Postby camerashy » Sun May 17, 2009 12:46 am

Hope you can help me please. I have PSG 3 and its my own fault because I have not used the programme for some time and I have forgotten how to do the following simple action.
I'm trying to add 3 rows of text to 3 slides so that line 1 fades in from the left on the first slide, then on slide 2 line 1 is present then line 2 fades in from left and then on slide 3 lines 1 and 2 are present and then line 3 slides in from left.
Whenever I try to do it on slide 2 I also get line 1 fading in again along with line 2 whereas line 1 should be stationary if my action is to work properly.
hope I have explained this OK
Thanks
Dave

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Adding Text to Slides

Postby TinaJ » Sun May 17, 2009 3:51 am

If I think I'm understanding, you want each line to come in on its own slide, then stay for the duration? If so, once you do your first slide, make sure you have the fly out say 'none', then copy and paste that slide, go into caption and first thing, change fly in for that line of text to 'none.' Add your next line of text without a fly out, copy and paste, get rid of that fly in, add your third line of text, and give all 3 lines a fly out. Make sure you use the cut transition and timing of zero and that should do it.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

camerashy

Re: Adding Text to Slides

Postby camerashy » Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 am

Many Thanks Tina......worked perfectly, now must get back into PSG
Dave

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks