Help for Audio

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
sorridiconme

Help for Audio

Postby sorridiconme » Fri May 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Good morning from Italy. I write in Italian and translate with google, so sorry in advance for errors.
Seeking someone to help me: I bought a new PC. Then I transferred all the presentations created with your old PC.
A disaster, now the music is no longer a time with the exchange of photos, but the times are equal to the old PC.
It seems that the new computer much faster time to send out presentations.
Do you have any suggestions for me?
Thank you.
francesco from Venice

Re: Help for Audio

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 16, 2009 5:09 am

Welcome to the forum !!

Strange - have not heard of that before. Are both computers running the same operating system ? ( Windows XP Pro, Vista etc ?) Do you have the same version of Proshow Gold on both computers ??

As far as your translation via Google, your post makes more sense than what we are used to hearing from our politicians and corporate executives ... hmmm I wonder if I could run their speaches through Google and find out what they are really saying ?? :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

sorridiconme

Postby sorridiconme » Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks Mikey,

the two computers are the same as the operating system. I use ProShow Producer. I wrote in the wrong section. Excuse me.
However I found that if you start to see the presentation of the first pictures the music is out of time. If you start later, by the tenth picture, everything is ok.

Do you have any advice, thanks anyway.

francesco

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 19, 2009 6:17 am

Unfortunately, since I have not run into that before, I am only guessing here at some possible causes. You might try putting a blank slide at the start and see if that helps (I usually do that with about 1 second time then crossfade into the first real slide). If you have trimmed the audio on the start, you might try putting in a 1 second silence in front of the regular audio and see if that helps. I vaguely remember hearing about some sort of issue if the first audio was trimmed at the start or something like that, but have not run into that issue myself. You might also try converting the audio to a different format (mp3, wav etc) and see if that helps the problem. Like I said, since I have not seen that, I am not sure the answer. The trick is to experiment a bit and see if you can figure out what changes it when you do something then you can narrow it down from there as to what is happening.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks