Prevent jump when repeating an image

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Prevent jump when repeating an image

Postby kerrymitch » Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi
Somebody said it somewhere... I am using the same slide twice, so I can bring colour into the second one, (first one being black and white). How can I prevent a jump as it goes to the 2nd? It moves a bit to a different size.

Esteemed Member

Re: Prevent jump when repeating an image

Postby nantory » Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm

After you get the first slide set, copy it and paste it to the next slide before you colorize it-this way the settings are exactly the same. Set the transition to cut and zero time, that should do it!

Postby kerrymitch » Sat May 02, 2009 12:13 am

Ok, but I need the transition as I start with a black/white image and then colour coming in through the transition... ??

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat May 02, 2009 12:26 am

If pan, zoom, rotate, etc parameters are the same on both slides there should be no 'jump'. I certainly don't have any. You can use whatever transition you need between the two, it does not have to be a cut.

You could use the 'Copy Settings' found in 'Slide Options' by right clicking on the layer, but I prefer just checking the figures on both slides if I have a problem.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby kerrymitch » Sat May 02, 2009 12:34 am

Okay, thanks. I'll remember the copy settings :)

Postby trulytango » Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 am

Hi there

So long as the two images are identical i.e. they differ only in that the first is B&W and the subsequent one is colour; and all position settings are the same - then the transition is the main and most important part of this effect! Set the duration for as long as you like, and experiment with the full range. They'll all give different results that can be used to suit a variety of show styles.

Once you get used to used to copying settings over to the next slide you are opening the door to a wider range of effects in Gold... for instance you can add some stillness to the end of a long zoom on any image by using an additional identical (but static) slide, avoiding the sometimes dizzying blur that can be caused by movement during transitions.

Happy ProShowing
Iris :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks