Graduation slideshow

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Graduation slideshow

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 pm

boys5times wrote:Dick,
I'm butting in here just for a minute with a question of my own. For a slideshow to run on a laptop hooked up to a projector; wouldn't you just burn a DVD to play it?

You could do that. Most people do. However, you would be limited to DVD resolution (NTSC = 720 x 480). If you make it as an EXE, you can set the resolution to match the maximum capability of the projector, which is likely to be higher.

Regards,
-Vernon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:59 pm

boys5times wrote:Dick,
I'm butting in here just for a minute with a question of my own. For a slideshow to run on a laptop hooked up to a projector; wouldn't you just burn a DVD to play it?

Not if I had a choice! The player on most laptops is noisy and the resolution on a DVD is much lower than even a cheap projector will give you. Yes, it will probably work, no I wouldn't do it that way for that purpose. The only reason I use a DVD is because you want to do it on a TV and don't have access to a Windows computer to run an EXE. For watching with the family in front of the TV, DVD. For a group, an EXE and a projector would be my choice every time (but I'd have a DVD with me too 'cause I like having Plan B!).
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby bettei » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:37 am

I have almost gotten the show to where I want it, so I haven't had a chance to check out how to burn it for a DVD and TV watching yet. You just go to Create, and then what are the steps ( or choices) for the best quality and compatibility for most players? Are there different choices?

I also want the music synced to the show so that it matches the length of the slides, and for it to loop.

boys5times

Postby boys5times » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 am

Thank you!!!

I will have him make it an exe.

Postby rita » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm working on a show for a 2010 grad so I was thrilled to see your sample and the additional explanation you provided about backgrounds and frames. Thanks so much for sharing your example and being so helpful. This is really going to help me out.

iknowwhereitis123 wrote:Hi Bettei,

here is a little show I just threw together for an example for you. I hope it helps. I know it is overwhelming at first but you'll get it.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2265&alb=0

Sue

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks