Fading out video

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
ida

Fading out video

Postby ida » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:31 pm

I am posting this question because I have tried everything and it is not working. I am sure it is very easy but I don't know how to do this. Hope someone can help me.
I have a piece that I have videotaped, after that piece is over the person that was talking remains on the screen for 1 or 2 seconds but I would like to fade it out and then have the next slide fade in.
I have tried doing it with the transition times and the slide times and I am not accomplishing what I want.
I have been reading things about crossfade but I have not been able to find how to do it.
Pls forgive my ignorance, can someone help?
Thanks!
Ida

Re: Fading out video

Postby becky_calif » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:52 pm

My first thought would be to add some keyframes and adjust the opacity to 0 (effects-adjustment effects-opacity) where you want the visual of your video to end. The next picture you want to add could also come in via another layer on that slide, also adjusted with keyframes..hope this helps and that I explained myself well enough.
Becky
Becky

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Not sure if this will work for you, I just tried it and the vid stops then fades out, but maybe you are looking for something a little fancier. Anyway, I put a vid into a slide, shortened it to 6 seconds so I didn't have to watch the whole thing, but set the slide time to 8.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Ida

Unfortunately what Becky has described you cannot do as Gold does not have keyframes :(

My suggestion is over three slides. Slide 1 will be your video. Between slides 1 and 2 a cross fade A/B (this is the normal default) of 2 secs to a black slide 2. Slide 2 has a duration of 0 secs. Between slides 2 and 3 a cross fade A/B of 2 secs again. Slide 3 will be your next picture.

This should give a video, the last 2 secs fading to black, and then in the next 2 secs fading to your next picture.

Hope this is what you are looking for,
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby becky_calif » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Ida,
opps sorry, didn't realize it was for gold..
Becky

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks