Copy for Keyframing

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
easyed

Copy for Keyframing

Postby easyed » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie. I've been playing with PSG and like it much better than my previous SS software (Videowave). One of the problems with Videowave was the incredibly awkward manipulations required for keyframing (bad for my blood pressure). I have found out (to my surprise) that PSG does not explicitly have a keyframing capability. I have also watched a well-produced tutorial by PhotoGavin that showed how to do keyframing with PSG. Important for the technique is the use of the COPY button in the Motion Effects screen; I saw it in the tutorial. However, I cannot find it in my PSG (....2479). I have tried calling up the Motion-Effects screen in different ways to no avail. I know I must be missing something, but what?
Ed

easyed

Re: Copy for Keyframing

Postby easyed » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 pm

As Gilda Radner would say, "Never mind!" I guess the PhotoGavin's tutorial was done with a different version of PSG than mine; I found the 'Copy' command with a symbol rather than a word button. I can hardly wait to try it.
Ed

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:39 pm

First, welcome aboard! Glad you found the answer and yeah, he was using PSG version 3 and it sounds like you have the latest one which is 4.

There are almost always a couple ways to do something within ProShow--the copy command will be there in many forms and many places. One thing to keep in mind is to right-click on everything. There are surprisingly accessible and surprisingly undocumented ways to do things that just need the right click. If you do that on an image on the slide timeline you'll get a bunch of options and one of them is to copy that slide.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 pm

DickK wrote:There are...undocumented ways to do things...

Well, that certainly sums it up. Gave me my first laugh of the day, Dick.! :lol:

Barbara

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks