Help with Settings

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Maryaren

Re: Help with Settings

Postby Maryaren » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Update :-)

I just arrived from my meeting and the projector that was used is the Viewsonic PJ402D.

I just looked up it's specifications here:
http://www.br.viewsonic.com/support/pro ... 02d/#specs

As you know, my show is 1024 x 768. The person that was helping me changed my computer's resolution to 1280 x 720 in order for it to be viewed correctly. At the begining it would not show completely.

It also was showing too bright, but changing the brighness in the projector made it too dark. We changed what I think is the white point in the projector and that helped, but I think it loses its "punch" a little. It does look better than with the highlights though.

I don't understand the projector's resolution. Is the resolution I have ok?? Here are the specifications that I think are relevant. With this projector, what do you all think are the ideal Show settings??. I think it was a 7 x 7 projector:

TECHNOLOGY Type 0.55" DDR DMD, DLP®
Pixel Format 800x600 SVGA
Lens Manual zoom, manual focus
Zoom Factor 1.2
Keystone Vertical ± 15º
DISPLAY Contrast Ratio 2000:1
Display size 27.8"-277.8" (diagonally)
Aspect Ratio 4:3 (native), 16:9
Throw Distance 47.3"-393.6"
Throw Ratio 1.79-2.1:1
Lamp type 200W, 2,000 hours**
Brightness 2,000 ANSI lumens
COMPATIBILITY PC Analog: from VGA up to SXGA (scaled)
Mac®+ Analog: up to SXGA (may require a Mac adapter)
INPUT SIGNAL Frequency Fh: 3179kHz; Fv: 5085Hz
Computer/Video NTSC M, NTSC 4.43, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i)
AUDIO Speakers 1x2 watts
CONNECTOR RGB Input 15-pin HD, D-sub (x1)
Composite Video Input RCA jack (x1)
S-Video Input Mini-DIN 4-pin (x1)
Component Video Input VGA DB-15 to HDTV/component cable*
Audio Input Stereo mini-jack (x1); RCA (L/R)
POWER Voltage 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (universal)
Consumption 250W (typ)
CONTROLS Basic Standby/On, input, menu
OnView® Display mode, brightness, contrast, keystone, aspect ratio, blank screen, gamma, white peaking, color temperature, user color, video (sharpness, saturation, tint), display (phase, tracking, H. position, V. position), advance (auto source select, rear, ceiling, eco mode, lamp hours, lamp reset, auto shutdown, OSD timeout, menu position, factory reset), audio (audio, mute)

Thank you!

Gloria

Maryaren

Re: Help with Settings

Postby Maryaren » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:23 am

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the show was run flawlessly at the activity.

Thanks to all for your help!

Gloria

Previous

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks