Slide styles - PSP and PSG Compatibility?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Slide styles - PSP and PSG Compatibility?

Postby Merlin_AZ » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 am

It's wonderful users are willing to share slide styles that they took the time to create.
Will they all work with PSG, or only the ones created with Gold, and not Producer?
If that's the case, how would we know?
Thanks.

Re: slide styles

Postby nannybear » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:14 pm

I think slide styles are only in PSP if I am not mistaken. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby texan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Only in PSP version 4 and up..........
Texan

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Slide Styles exist in PSG 4 also.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm

There's no indication anywhere that I've seen that say one way or the other. Haven't so far tried it and I'm guessing that only those made in PSG will work for us in Gold but there's only one way to find out -- try it. Have to go look for a slide style done with the PSP and by someone outside PhotoDex and see what happens.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Okay the answer is as I suspected but unfortunately that when I tried using a style created by someone with PSP it shows up in the styles list but it can't be used ("incompatible version of ProShow"). I figured that would be the case since it would be possible for a PSP user to incorporate functions that are supported in PSG. I wonder if it would go the other way--a style created in Gold used in PSP?

Mike G -- please label any style additions to the library with the version used since that seems to limit who can use them.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby bigsewed » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Try this...
ProShow Gold 4.x Revisions

Version 4.x | Version 3.x | Version 2.x Version 1.x

Version 4.0
February 11, 2009

New! Slide Styles

* Apply effects to your show with just a couple clicks
* Choose from over 50 pre-built styles
* Create, save, and share your own effects
* Apply pre-built slide effects to any show
* Any slide can be made into a style
* Minimize work by re-using your favorite slides
http://www.photodex.com/support/revisio ... index.html

Wes

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 pm

I have Proshow Producer, but as you have found out, the Producer shows are limited when placed into Gold Basically, if you use any features in Producer that are not supported in gold (e.g. Keyframing), then the slide style will not work. When saving a style in Producer, you have the option of making it compatible with Gold via a selection switch. However, this will most likely screw up your style or at least require you to develop a workaround. Gold styles will work in Producer, but not vice versa.

-Vernon

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, I'm glad I asked the question.
I'm still waiting for a formal response from Photodex.
There will need to be some way for those sharing Slide Styles to list whether they were created in Gold or Producer, though I'm going to assume most will be Producer-only.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:12 am

This page http://www.photodex.com/support/revisio ... index.html about halfway down lists those Slide Styles, that are shipped with Producer, that are compatable with Gold/Producer or are Producer only.

From this list I assume all Gold produced Styles are compatable with Producer but not 'vici-verci'.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

Here's the official reply.

You can make a slide style that you created in Producer, compatible with Gold, however, the Producer-only features and effects will be removed.

When you are in Producer and you go to Slide Options > Slide > Slide Styles and click Create, there is a check box located at the bottom of the dialog window that will allow you to make the Slide Style compatible with Gold.

Postby EricW » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:15 am

I am pretty certain they work in both. Styles that use Producer effects (such as masks or keyframing) will not work in Gold though.

The reason I say this is that when you create a style in Producer, there is a checkbox that says "Make compatible with Proshow Gold".

Eric

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks