Lock SOME slides to fixed length audio track

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Lock SOME slides to fixed length audio track

Postby Manfreddy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:43 am

I am a newbie....
My objective is to create a music video by adding photos and short video clips to an existing fixed length audio track. The track needs to stay the same length, with a title and credits before and after.

I would like to be able to "lock" specific slides to exact locations on the timeline, but allow others to be added, subtracted, moved and transitions changed. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Lock SOME slides to fixed length audio track

Postby heckydog » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:31 pm

In my humble opinion, I think the easiest way to do what you're trying to accomplish is to use a video editor that has multiple tracks. Most NLE's have the ability to lock tracks and add as many tracks as you want.

Add your audio track first and lock it in place. You should be able to see the audio waveform which would be helpful in lining up your other files.

Then start adding the photos and videos as needed. As you start working on your project you'll develop a "feel" for how things should be placed. You might want to start with a storyboard first.

Joe

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks